Divide Scientific Notation Calculator
Division Scientific Notation Online
Instructions for use:
- If the scientific notation is 0.44784 x 108, you must use 0.44784e+8;
- If the scientific notation is 1.78521 x 10-7, you must use 1.78521e-7;
- You will replace base 10 with the letter (e).
Scientific Notation 1:
Scientific Notation 2:
To perform the division in scientific notation, we performed the division of the two numbers, maintaining the base 10 and subtracting the two exponents.
As with multiplication, we do not need to have the same exponent to perform the division.
- Adding Scientific Notation Calculator
- Subtracting Scientific Notation Calculator
- Multiply Scientific Notation Calculator
Therefore, it will be given by the following formula:
a ⋅ 10m ÷ b ⋅ 10n = (a ÷ b) ⋅ 10m-n
- a: a number greater than or equal to 1 and less than 10;
- b: a number greater than or equal to 1 and less than 10;
- m: exponent given by an integer;
- n: exponent given by an integer;
- 4 x 107 ÷ 2 x 105 = (4 ÷ 2) x 107-5 = 2 x 102
- 8.45 x 108 ÷ 2.22 x 105 = (8.45 ÷ 2.22) x 108-5 = 3.8 x 103
This website was created to help students and curious people to solve problems with scientific notation. Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and conversions.