Multiplying Scientific Notation Calculator
Multiplication Scientific Notation Online
Instructions for use:
- If the scientific notation is 1.6779 x 102, you must use 1.6779e+2;
- If the scientific notation is 44.78 x 10-5, you must use 44.78e-5;
- You will replace base 10 with the letter (e).
Scientific Notation 1:
Scientific Notation 2:
To perform the multiplication in scientific notation, we perform the multiplication of the two numbers, maintaining base 10 and adding the exponents.
Unlike addition and subtraction, we don’t need to have the same exponent to perform multiplication.
- Adding Scientific Notation Calculator
- Subtracting Scientific Notation Calculator
- Divide Scientific Notation Calculator
Therefore, it will be given by the following formula:
a ⋅ 10m ⋅ b ⋅ 10n = (a ⋅ b) ⋅ 10m+n
- a: a number greater than or equal to 1 and less than 10;
- b: a number greater than or equal to 1 and less than 10;
- m: exponent given by an integer;
- n: exponent given by an integer;
- (1,1 x 104) x (2,1 x 103)= → (1,1 x 2,1) x (104 x 103)= → 2,31 x 104+3 → 2,31 x 107
- 2 x 105 x 4 x 107 = (2 x 4) x 105+7 = 8 x 1012
This website was created to help students and curious people to solve problems with scientific notation. Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and conversions.